Thursday, April 28, 2011

Wedding details

We talked about be weddings; big weddings, small weddings and the bare bones of a wedding.
We even talked about some traditions of other weddings.

I think a wedding isnt a wedding without the few things to make it significant, it shouldnt just be another day in your life like the rest. It doesnt need to be as big as the royal wedding, but my sister had a court house wedding. We all dressed up and they invited there family and close friends to the court house and the Judge read the vows and they had a photographer and a dinner and cake... and of course the rings. It was nothing expensive but it was memorable and stood out, it wasnt just an ordinary day it was special. It wasnt going to put them too far into debt but it was a wedding. I don't remember there being big gift basket but we had little bottles we got from walmart and filled with white wedding bell shaped mints and red jelly bellies, and for a label, my mom print off them on address labels off the computer. Nothing big, nothing too fancy but it was not just an ordinary day.
My wedding will not need to be big and special. I would want a dress, a ring and a dinner with family and friends, but I don't need a whole hall, or the deco and the load of flowers everywhere and the ribbons and bows. my aunt could prob take my pictures and my mom will help me with little goody bags and treats... Nothing big but something out of the ordinary of a normal day and something memorable.

1 comment:

  1. i agree with you... I dont want anything special.. but its gonna be a day i really remember.. i want the works how often in life do we do celebrate things. im not saying pay alot of money, but i don't wanna half-do somehting.

    ReplyDelete