Thursday, April 7, 2011

Finally dialog that speaks to me..lol!

Jennifer Cruise, at this point in the book "Bet Me" has shown a great sense of how modern people talk and relate to each other. Not exactly how my friends and I talk , but very convincing none the less. I like how each character is described in a fair amount of detail, but a little bit is left up to the imagination. She also uses dialog to really establish the personalities of the characters. The witty and sarcastic and often blunt manner in which the characters converse is exceptional. Even if I find the love story in this book to be lacking in some way, I expect that I will at least be entertained and motivated by the dialog to read this book cover to cover.
I think it will be interesting so see the development of Minerva. I would like to really know why she has such a rigid view of herself and sex. It will also be interesting to see how cal is transformed from a "Player" to a man lovestruck with Minerva. That is if they are the true couple in this story. I suspect they are, but only the subsequent chapters will tell for sure. I have a suspicion that Minerva's friends will play a large role in this story. I'm sure they will be detrimental in Minerva's development in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment