Thursday, April 28, 2011

Love and Beauty

This book is definitely one of my favorites we got to read in class. The book being more realistic and something I can more relate to is what ties me into the book. The fact that Mac and Carter randomly meet again many years after high school, to me, is a great start to a love story. Carters character seem to be so innocent in the book witch makes it interesting to read because I never know exactly what he might say or do.

Another aspect that I like about the book is not just the love story forming between Mac and Carter, but the love of friendship between Mac and her best girlfriends. Being able to tolerate each other by living close to one another plus working with each other everyday is not always easy. Their close relationship shows how dedicated they all are to their jobs and to each other as a family.

Besides my love for the characters relationships with in to book, I also have a love for Mac and her photography. They way the book describes her capturing the moments of couples in love and happiness. Taking a pregnant lady and making her see herself has a beautiful human being is amazing. Capturing the beauty of the winter wonderland and the cardinal I believe takes great skill and a good eye to accomplish! Over all, I just love this book and want to continue reading other book by Nora Roberts as well.

1 comment:

  1. I like this book, too, but I don't think this is my favorite book we've read in class. I really liked Bet Me.... I do really like Carter, though. He's just so adorable! I think I actually like him better than Cal in Bet Me. I also like the photography aspect of this book. As someone who has absolutely no idea what it takes to be a professional photographer, those parts of the books are pretty interesting to me. However, it seems like a lot of the best moments she captures are completely by chance. Like, for example, with the cardinal, which would be a great picture against the white background. But that's definitely something she can't plan. It just shows how great an eye Mac has for things like that, that most people wouldn't even think about.

    ReplyDelete