Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just Another Love Story

Like Water For Chocolate was ... just like another love story to me. There are flaws and issues that get in the way of the mates and then they overcome it in the end. Like how we have been discussing the eight essential elements in a love story. I don't really know how I felt about the ending, just that it ended up like the stories we have read, or the films, books I have read myself. I mean, it's great that Tita and Pedro get one another because Rosaura passes away, and everyone seems to be in a better mood.

Is this supposed to be a 'great' ending to the story? I don't know if it is supposed to, I mean ... Rosaura's character was created so that Tita would not 'mess up' or get ahead of herself too much because of 'love'. I don't know how to say it; the ending with the fire was a great metaphor for everyone's kind of love or relationship. Great detail into how things were set up, how Tita and Pedro's bodies become like sparks which are misinterpreted to be explosions for Esperenza and Alex's wedding. By the time they return to the ranch, but it is ... burnt. Is the burnt ranch supposed to be a metaphor or similie to something?

No comments:

Post a Comment