Thursday, April 28, 2011

strong women.

This book is very Sex and the City. Four girls, all representing different strong aspects of strong powerful women. Mac is the artistic nice one who translates to the journalist Carrie. Emma is Sam because she is warm and empowers her sexuality and likes mens attention. Parker is Miranda, both strong hard working business women with a shield towards men. and Laural is Charlette, the sort of homemaker sweet type.
               This propbably makes no sense if you dont know Sex and the City. But I love the show and movies so i hooked to this book pretty quickly. I love the idea that they all keep so close and make eachother stronger and know eachother so well. I like that they don't rely on men for happiness and find it in themselves. These are the role models I look up to. Plus women get women more then I think all the men put together could.
              I like that Carter doesn't really know much about dating and kind of gives her the ropes in the relationship. This is much more realistic to modern relationships. In my personal opinion women have more control over what happens in the relationship, and the guy is usually ok with whatever that is. Conflict may occur but like most people say "women always win fights." I think the innocence of Carter's character is so cute. Compared to Cal's player status in Bet Me. And i think their relationship will grow into a cute one because they won't get bored of eachotehr... they seem to constantly be interesting or teaching eachother something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment