Thursday, April 28, 2011

Vision in White

I really enjoy this book. I personally believe that Mac and Carter are soul mates, simply because they seem to be completely opposite. Mac is spontaneous..and lives off of "moments" where as Carter is more dorky, and is a more awkward/nervous person.
I thought it was cute how Carter tells Mac that he had a crush on her in highschool, and just makes things extremely awkward for himself and Mac likes how he is. She tries to get her mind off of him by going clubbing in New York, but that doesn't work either. They have natural chemestry, and seem to just.."click"together.

Another thing that I enjoy about the book is how four childhood friends start a wedding business together, and all live together on the property where their business is located, and are extremely successful doing so.
What is really cool is how in the prologue, that Roberts uses the moment in where Mac takes a picture of her best friends, doing another pretend wedding, and that turns out to be the moment where Mac realizes that being behind the camera is where she truly belongs.
That moment makes me think that it is foreshadowing for when Mac gets married, so then she's going to be the center of attention, the main focus in the camera, instead of the one doing the work behind it.

This book is written maturely, has cute and dorky moments which creates a nice, light humor that a lot of the other books we have previously read this semester seem to lack.
I'm excited to finish this novel, and maybe continue onto the rest of the books in the quartet.

1 comment:

  1. I competely agree with you! It's kind of nice for a change in story line. I remember when I use to play "pretend wedding" with my friends. It seems kind of silly now.

    ReplyDelete