Thursday, April 7, 2011

Bet Me

When I started reading this book I liked Cruise's writing style right away, because of the type of humor. It's right out there to enjoy as you read instead of having to go back and think about what is said... I don't have to try to look for the humor in this book like in past books I've read. I find Minerva funny, because of her personality. It has bitterness to it. She refers to her weight and looks a lot along with referring to how other people look which I find to be one of her flaws. She pays a lot of attention to how people look instead of focusing on other things. The whole time I'm reading this I think... so what if she's not skinny or as beautiful as other people, if she had a better attitude, maybe men would like being around her for being someone that's great company rather then eye candy. I think she needs to lighten up and find a way to love herself so that maybe when someone does like her, it won't be so hard to see why.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree, but easier said than done sometimes...

    ReplyDelete