Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ahhh.. it's a fairy tale!

Ever since I can remember I've always had that "story book" wedding somewhere in the back of my mind. I know I'm probably not the only one! As a little girl I would fantasize about what my dress would look like, play dress up kinda like they did in Nora Roberts book, and even draw out what my wedding might look like. As a child I never really though about how much weddings cost but now I do and I have a completely different perspective on weddings. I think some of those extravagant weddings are a little ridiculous. Do people really have to spend that HUGE amount of money for just one day?

The big story in the news lately is William and Kate's royal wedding. I'm excited to see what interesting things they end up doing for it!

Something else that I thought was really cute was a fact today in class, the one about the Egyptians and how they put the wedding ring on the third finger on the left hand because they thought that the vein in that finger went straight to the heart. This little tradition has followed through time and is still prevalent today. I wonder if William and Kate will start a new tradition for other couples/ brides/ grooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment