Thursday, April 28, 2011

the perfect wedding

I really enjoyed our discussion that we had in class today about the typical American wedding. I think many women do want that fairy tale day to themselves with beautiful hair, make-up, and a fluffy dress. There isn't many days where a woman can pretend that she is a princess, however I don't think that people should have a wedding just to be a princess for a day. Marriage is a very serious commitment, to me anyway, and I really think that most people make it a special day because they want to remember it for the rest of their lives with the person that they love the most. When my boyfriend and I just talk about what we would want to do for a wedding, we are always compromising certain things. I don't mind sharing that day with him because I don't look at it as being just my day. If it was up to my boyfriend we would be getting married on his 30ft fishing boat in a camouflage dress, and then going to Alaska to hunt for our honeymoon. I told him I would get married on his boat if we can go to Jamaica for our honeymoon. I'm willing to change my whole dream wedding to make him happy also. Marriage is bringing two lives together, and that means taking in the good with the bad....well not so bad but compromising.

No comments:

Post a Comment