Thursday, April 14, 2011

o lala, a donut!

When I first picked up the novels for this class I kind of looked through them to see what kind of romance novels I was getting into. When I started reading the first couple of pages of "Bet Me", I didn't put it down and I eventually finished the book before the first day of class. I enjoyed the general story line of the book. It was mostly realistic and interesting. However, there are some parts that I just don't care for at all. The first thing I don't like is how Min and Cal hear "The One" in their heads. Seriously? I also don't like how she almost orgasms when she eats and how Cal thinks its sexy when she stuffs her face. I understand food is a connector of these two characters, but I just think its kind of weird how Cal goes crazy over it. I never in my life sat there and watched someone enjoy food. I would just be annoyed if I had to watch someone totally absorbed in the food they ate......but that's just me. In this book I really don't like Cynthie. I think she needs her own psychologist. For how much the novel portrays Cynthie as being beautiful and sexy you would think she could move on fairly easy and find someone else. The novel hits it on the head with the idea of psychologists thinking they know the answers to everything. I have had many experiences with psychology teachers thinking that their answers were the only right answer. I always noticed how they have a hard time accepting other ideas besides their own.

1 comment:

  1. I think the fact that she enjoys food so much is what makes their relationship so interesting to watch blossom. I wouldn't say that she "stuffs" her face, she just enjoys food which is always fun to do. Who really wants to stick to a no carb diet or like those other diets all time, with no good food to really enjoy! Then when you can eat good food, you have to enjoy it, to it's fullest!

    ReplyDelete