Friday, April 15, 2011

Bet Me(Sorry this is late)

Last summer I babysat for my cousins in Suamico. Because they lived 35 miles away I pretty much lived there the whole summer. I didn't know anyone out there and had nothing to do so I did a lot of reading. My aunt brought me books from the library that were all romance novels like the one were reading right now. While reading Bet Me I started to pull together a list of similarities in my mind about all the modern romance novels I have read. The two main characters always seem to start off hating each other and they are always complete opposites. The man is always completly gorgeous and the woman isn't ugly but she lacks self esteem. There seems to be a sister in a lot of these books who is prettier, smarter, and is the favorite of the family. The two main characters always find that there is an intense sexual attraction to each other throughout the book that turns into love. Although the books all have similarities they all have completly different story lines. This is no different for the book we are currently reading. I really enjoy this book and I have about 5 more pages to read until I am done. The characters are all realistic and thats why I like it so much.

1 comment:

  1. you make a good point about romance novels all being the same.. i don't really read romance novels but you could probably say the same goes for romance movies or even chick flicks -- the people that end up being together hate each other at first & often don't end up admitting their love for each other until the almost end of the movie... which is pretty much seen in this book

    ReplyDelete