Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Love and Fairy Tales

After having our free write quiz in class, it really made me think what my perfect fairy tale would be. Still taking the time to think about it I cannot come up with a perfect answer. As a little girl and I'm sure like many other girls it was easy to come up with a fairy tale. They typical perfect happy family with lots of money, nice house, and expensive cars. Only the best would be expected and love would be included to make things perfect. As we read the books for class all of them follow a love stories and we can picture what the fairy tale of the story would be. As our perfect fairy tale changes through life I believe so does our definition of love. When we started the class and we read Pride and Prejudice the emotions of love were not very physical and more based on what society would think. Now reading Bet Me we see that the emotions and feelings of love are increasing with more intercourse. Not trying to say that's what everyone thinks love is about, but it seems to be more common now. I feel that with every fairy tale comes some form of love and since every ones view of love is different nobody can have the same fairy tale or make one out and follow it at every step. I almost feel as if people are making their fairy tale as they live life. If you want something to be better then you have to strive to achieve it. So as we move on into life I feel that the views of things keep changing therefore we may never know what a perfect fairy tale is or what the right definition of love is either.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the points you make in this post. I completely agree with you. We all deserve to find our kind of fairytale! :)

    ReplyDelete