Friday, May 6, 2011

Those Childhood Weddings

I remember as a little girl playing all those make believe weddings and always dreaming about the day that I would someday get married and have that huge princess wedding but as you get older things change, you change and your priorities change. The list that you had in your mind of how your life was going to play out changes and your view begin to change. The novels Bet Me and a Vision in White draw up memories from when I was that little girl and the plans that I had for my life and I think about how different my life played out compared to the dream of my happily ever after that I had as a little girl. It makes me remember that life was simple or easy when you are a little girl and that you believe in fairy tales but as we grow we lose those fairy tale dreams and we forget about them. It makes me think that when I was younger and I had fairy tales in my life my life seemed better, I was happy. I think that as adults we need to remember those fairy tales and our dreams and plans that we had when we were little because when you were small you didn't have a care in the world and sometime as adults we need to feel that again. Some of us more that others. But I liked these last to novels because they made me remember the little girl I was and the things that I always wanted when I grew up. I may not have my happy ever after and I may not have the life that I wanted for myself but I have two little girls that I am going to hope and help remind them so they in turn can help me continue to believe in fairy tales and the happily ever after and that no matter what your age it is always fun and healthy to dream. It's ok to change your plan and that life keeps going and it's up to you to keep those happily ever afters and fairy tales alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment