Thursday, May 5, 2011

The End...

Vision of White, was kind of rushed throughout the whole book. There could have been more depth and conflict maybe in Mac and Carter's relationship. I figured that once Corrine was introduced into the book, there would have been maybe a conflict with her wanting Carter and fighting for him. I just thought there could have been more of a lot of things basically. (except I did like that their wedding wasn't in there) I did like how the four friends were close and about Mac's strained relationship with her mother though.
Mac's relationship with her mother is a horrible one. I agree with who ever mentioned in class that most of the books have a strange or absent mother. It reminds me of Disney movies (more the classic ones) in how the mother has usually died and if the mother is okay than sometimes the father is dead. Basically there are usually no "normal" parents even if they were both there.
In class someone mentioned how the four friends were maybe stereotyped, and I think that they were a little bit maybe. I think each one of them played a specific role in their friendship. This happens all the time, and maybe has to happen. In my group of friends, we definitely have our own roles that we grew into as we became friends. I think that there kind of relationships are important to have in life.
Overall this book wasn't my favorite of them all, though I am not sure which would be...I did really enjoy Bet Me...But I don't know. I don't think it's important to have a favorite so oh well!
I really enjoyed the class discussions and the directions we went with them and feel that I learned a lot more with reading those books with the class, than if I would have by myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment