Thursday, May 5, 2011

Last blog

I think that Vision in White was an okay read in my opinion. i find that i dont like books that are series because like in Vision in White i think the writer is trying to fill in pages with things that don't really matter. Also they are very rushed in this book we just finished i think at it was rushed and the ending was where it was the most noticeable. I think we all waited so long to see a ending where they get married but that didn't happen. But i think that's a good thing because i don't think i could stand to read abut another wedding the the book. i started out liking the book but them i just found it to much nonsense. This is only because i read the book but i found that i never really knew a lot about the characters at the end. I dont know if anyone else felt this way we didn't really talk about this in class but i would like to know others opinions on this. over all to sum up all my blogs i think that reading all these books gave me a new out look on reading. I don't think i have read so much in so little time but i think i have to admit i fell in LOVE with reading. Im very sad to see this class come to an end. We had good group of readers and an amazing instructor who now is going to make me start reading love stories for fun! :)

2 comments:

  1. I agree with pretty much everything here. The ending wasn't really that great and it was kind of disappointing that there wasn't a wedding for Carter and Mac; it seems like the title promises one. I don't think you should give up on series just because of this book because most of them are a whole lot better than this one was. I love reading books that are a series, generally because I hate when an author tries to stuff a complicated plot into just one book. It takes a lot of talent to be able to write a successful series, too. It's difficult to want to keep writing the same characters and to have plots that people are going to want to keep reading. And setting up the first books for the end of the series is so hard! You have to set up everything just right for it to work. I think it's worth it to read though. And actually, all of my favorite books are from a series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree- don't give up on series in general just 'cause this book was not up to snuff :) I am SO glad you fell in love with reading- I am addicted to it!

    ReplyDelete