Thursday, February 17, 2011

What was with the Ending?!??

Well, to begin with, the ending was a bit confusing and blurry. I didn't really understand what happened, so I had to read it again, and I began to understand it. It could have been written better, as for how the book took so long to write. Did Jane Austen just get lazy with writing the book that she just whipped the ending together? Because I honestly think that she could have made it more clear and have more of an emphasis that Darcy and Elizabeth do get married, and that their engagement is essentially the climax of the book.
Once that was clarified that they were engaged for sure, I thought that the book was alright.
I really didn't like Lady Catherine too much, she's too stuck up and snobby, because she's too prejudice and blind to see anything clearly except for things that mattered to her: money and social status.
It also wasn't really fair of her to just brush aside Elizabeth and not really see how she has a really strong and endearing personality.
Other than that, the book was decent.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, the ending was confusing and, as you said, blurry. The engagement was almost invisible--I passed over it several times before I realized where it was in the book. I don't think that Austen became lazy, I think that editing and time took over. But, I agree that she could have at least given it a better ending that showcased Elizabeth's personality rather than shoving her aside.

    ReplyDelete