Thursday, February 17, 2011

Reaction to end of P&P

Over the weekend I was reading the assignment for Tuesday and I decided that I wanted to finish the rest of the book. I wanted to get to the part where Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth finally got together. I finished reading book Sunday evening and my first reaction was "this is it?" I thought the ending was boring and I felt like there needed to be a wedding or something more than just a wrap up of everything. I don't think there should have been a wedding between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth but I think the book would have been better with a wedding between Jane and Mr. Bingley. I'm sure Jane Austen had a reason for ending the book the way she did and I think that because of the romance novels and love stories we read today that I expected there to be a lovey dovey ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment