Thursday, February 24, 2011

complex characters

So far along in the book I have noticed that the relationships between the characters is complex. The personalities of the characters is interesting too. Lockwood makes assumptions quickly, for example, he thinks that Heathcliff is a good guy, but I disagree, he is a cruel man. Maybe his love for Catherine frustrates him, and causes his cruelty towards the people around him. I hate Catherine. What I took out of the first part of the reading is that she loves both Heathcliff and Edgar. The only reason Catherine has to love him is because he is a wealthy man and has a high status in society. Heathcliff, on the other hand, was adopted and worked his way up from having nothing as an orphan. Heathcliff and Catherine are characters I have a hard time understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment