Thursday, February 24, 2011

Boring!

I had previously heard very good things about Wuthering Heights and I was looking forward to reading the book. I remember reading one of the Twilight books and there being a reference about Heathcliff. I started reading the book earlier than we were supposed to and I found the book to be really confusing at first. As I read on I found that the book was sooooooo boring and I couldn't understand it. There are way too many characters with the same name or close names. I get the story within the story thing but the language and the time it was written makes it difficult. I don't really think that this book is a love story at all. And if it is a love story then it is the most boring love story ever. I need some passion and some kissing or something that shows that they have feelings for each other other than when they talk about it.

1 comment:

  1. I feel that you do not need physical engagements to create a Romantic novel. You can still feel the tension involved, and you know the feelings that had once been there. You bring up Twilight, and the reference with Heathcliff. Well, for the most part Twilight does not show any physical romance between Bella and her Heathcliff(Edward). I mean they do not even have intercourse until the last book.

    ReplyDelete