Thursday, February 17, 2011

Satisfied?

Preferring happy endings where the hero marries the heroine and they live "happily" ever after, and possibly, they have some children.  I was some what satisfied when Darcy and Elizabeth gets married, and Bingley married Jane.  In my opinion, those were the four main, satisfying characters, all having satisfied endings of love and marriage.  Although, Lydia and Wickham were minor characters with not much of a love-marriage, they did get married because Lydia thought she loved Wickham.  And that's what counts for me.  

Pride and Prejudice was a hard for me to read and understand.  Jane Austen's style of writing was different to me and I wasn't used to it.  I had to re-read, trying to understand what the sentence meant, and mentally visualize what I was reading.  This was probably why I picked up the book but put it back on the selves in the first place.  The reading just didn't interest me.  Overall, the story-telling, the romance, the book it-self was okay.  Would I read it again?  Probably not.  I'd much prefer to watch the movie instead.  Much easier and quicker for me to grasp and understand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment