Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pride and Prejudice isn't as confusing as I thought.

Pride and Prejudice is a book that I never really thought that I would read, as I originally only wanted to watch the movie that was made in 2005 with Keira Knightly. I re-read the assigned reading twice to make sure that I understood what was going on, because I was confused on who was speaking, and after a while the words just became a jumbled mess that I didn't understand. The second time that I read brought a sense of clarity and understanding, and I now really enjoy this novel. I am really excited to see what the rest of the book brings, and then compare the book to the movie. Maybe I'll even watch the six hour movie with Colin Firth, and watch the newest version with Keira Knightly to compare differences.

One thing that I am not too fond about the book is how Jane Austen doesn't script the dialogue clearly, which makes it confusing as to who is talking and who is not. After reading it for a while, or re-reading anything, it becomes more clear, but it's still not always the easiest.

Otherwise I'm excited to see what the rest of this novel has to bring. So far, so good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment