Wednesday, February 16, 2011

oh.....love

After I read all of the book, I watched the six hour movie, "Pride and Prejudice." Then I couldn't help but wonder what the newest version was like, so I watched that one also. First of all, I was happy with the book and how it turned out. I then thought that the six hour movie was very close to the book and I felt as though the movie portrayed the characters as they should have been. As for the newest version of the movie, I felt as though they left out way too much and also changed way too much. If I were to watch the newest version of the movie first, I would have never been interested in the book or anything to do with "Pride and Prejudice". The movie didn't even make Elizabeth into the character that she is portrayed as in the book. I thought that movie was just horrible. I didn't even finish watching it. I suppose you could never fit all of that story into a two hour movie and make it good. It just isn't possible because most of the book is getting a feel for what the characters are really like. Although I did enjoy the book, the story line and ending just isn't romantic enough for me. The characters made falling in love seem so dull at times. I thought I missed the part when Mr. Darcy proposed to Elizabeth for the second time, but he did it in a way that just snuck past me and I was shocked to hear Elizabeth tell Jane the news that she was engaged. It was alright, but not one of those novels that I would like to read again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment