Saturday, February 19, 2011

The True Love Story

I recall the class prior to beginning the reading of Pride and Prejudice, the subject was brought up about whether people would see this novel as a romance/love novel. It has all of the subject matter that would be part of an excellent "romantic" novel(at least it enticed my emotions). The problem with today's culture(and what I assume takes part in the majority of modern romance fiction) is the overuse of sex, lust, and the two being the greatness of love. Yes, I can see where the readers would enjoy that, but I felt more suspense and thrill from the tensions(roller coaster ride) of Elizabeth and Darcy's relationship. Also, isn't one of the great ideals of the romantic, "love conquering all"? If so, than the political/social message involving the book and them still saying "screw" the rest of the world we are in love, being the best example of "love conquers".

Another little tide bit I want to add before I finish.... I do think the ending was perfect. The blunt and simplistic ending fit. One huge reasoning being my whole last paragraph.

No comments:

Post a Comment