Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thats sublime...o yeah

So today during class Dr. J was talking about big "R" Romanticism and some how we ended up talking about sublime. Not the band, but during the rest of the class I couldn't help but wonder about the band. What songs have they written? Have I even heard any of them? Well tonight when I was working out I came across one of their song "What I Got" on my ipod. I decided to listen, and WHOA!! What a flash back to the 90's!
When I got home I wanted to check out some of their other songs. I thought maybe I could connect them with the books we've read in Love Stories. As I started listening to the songs and hearing the lyrics of Sublime I was hoping I could find some relating to love. I came to the conclusion that most of the "love" related songs were about dysfunctional love. Perfect, it fits right in with Wuthering Heights. In Wuthering Heights there is obviously some dysfunctional love going on. Well I hope you enjoy the flash back as much as I did today!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc3ZrmhDN4

1 comment: