Thursday, February 24, 2011

Weird, intense relationships...

This book has really weird, intense relationships, compared to anything I have ever read. It's really hard to relate to any one for long. I will just start to think I can relate to one, then they do something horrible! Currently my least favorite character is Catherine. She seems so fake most of the time, not to mention crazy. The thing that is making me most angry about her is how she married Edgar. Her reasons were not valid! I mean one reason she gave for marrying Edgar was so that she could help Heathcliff. On page 82 it describes what shes means, "whereas, if I marry Linton, I can aid Heathcliff to rise, and place him out of my brother's power." That is horrible!
She should have just told Heathcliff how she felt and he probably would not have wanted that. He would most likely just have her, instead he has to come back to her married and thinking their relationship can be the same, when it won't be.

I have also really grown to not like Nelly. For a housekeeper/whatever she is... she definitely causes way to much trouble. She seems to just like causing chaos with everyone in the family. I just don't like how she controls everyone and pretends to be on their side. Basically she can be just as fake as Catherine at times!

No comments:

Post a Comment