Friday, February 25, 2011

Heathcliff reminds me of ...

Okay Well, I know this is a little bit late...sorry!!! better late then never I guess...
Anyways.
Heathcliff seems to be a character that tries to hold onto the past, and possibly tries to relive it. His character reminds me so much of a character in my favorite TV series: One Tree Hill. The character he reminds me of is Dan Scott, the father of Nathan and Lucas Scott. He got Lucas's mom and Nathans mom pregnant three months apart from each other. Because of that, Dan Scott was a young father who gave up his life dream - playing in the NBA, and really anything to do with Basketball. He ends up going almost crazy with trying to relive the past, and still make his dreams come true through his son, only ending up making him almost crazy. ( Crazy enough that he kills his brother!)
Their similarities is really astonishing, and I thought of that right away when we discussed how Heathcliff is stuck in his past, much like Dan Scott. Maybe this character will eventually change as we go on deeper into the novel, but either way, I am excited to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment