Thursday, March 17, 2011

Were They Real?

In class on Tuesday we discussed the three guys in Janie's life and whether or not we thought Janie really loved them. However, we didn't really come to a conclusion.

I believe that Janie didn't really love any of them. Logan, of course, she only married because her grandmother told her to so Janie would be taken care of. She definitely didn't love him.

I think Janie thought she loved Jody in the beginning of their relationship, but then as time went on and Jody began to treat Janie worse and tried to control her, I think she realized that she only loved the idea that he had such big dreams.

Janie and Tea Cup's relationship is harder to describe, however I'm not sure that Janie loves him, either. I think that she believes she loves him, just like with Jody at first, but I don't believe that she truly loves him the way she's longed to have love.

2 comments:

  1. You really make some interesting points and I do think that maybe Janie didn't really love any of them. Although, maybe it's because Janie doesn't really know what love really is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree to an extent, but I truly think with Tea Cake there was some love(on her end). I feel she actually loved him on some level, now was it "love love" or "lust love", that is the question....

    ReplyDelete