Thursday, March 31, 2011

Food Coming To Life ...

When we talked about magic realism and food having 'emotions' I was confused at first because I did not know that there was a term for the writing style. But I wanted to blog about whether food may have a kind of emotion to it when you cook. My friend wanted to cook some tofu for my friends and I, but it did not turn out so well. He was in a good mood, but I think he was rather intimidated or pressured to show us that he can really cook. In the end, it was the broth that needed some draining and readjusting to. So I do believe that cooking with emotions is true because you can see the result at the end; tasting the food is like tasting the emotions coming from the dish.

Now for the book we are reading, it is rather interesting because it talks about food in another way that I have not read or seen. The descriptions about the food being cooked or mentioned is also exotic to me. The imagery and senses are told so ... I don't know how to say it, but I like it. Reading this book is like ... dreaming about things coming to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment