Friday, March 18, 2011

I forgot what I wanted to blog about ...

I don't remember if I blogged or not & I forgot what I wanted to blog about ... I hate that feeling ._.

But I was going to day, I kind of wish we had class on Thursday ~_~" I enjoy the discussions we have in class because we all get to see everyone's point of view on the book. Overall, the ending to this book was rather sad. First time reading this I did not expect the ending to be like this. I was disappointed although I really loved the imagery and details that Hurston wrote towards the ending. How Teacake acted towards Janie; his actions were so ferocious and wild while she held him gently like a baby. I don't know how to say or express it but I just loved the way it was beautifully written. Sad that he had rabies and was controlled by it.

It seems that Teacake's actions taken under the rabies are a kind of metaphor of ... the kind of love that she has received from him and her past mates. It was intense and controlling, yet a touch of innocence when Teacake settled down with the medicine. In the end she had to pull the trigger to her love story, never expected that.

No comments:

Post a Comment