Thursday, March 17, 2011

20 year marriage...

When Jody first came into the book, I liked him for taking Janie out of the marriage she was in at the time because she was forced into it. At first, Jody seemed like a great guy and they got along great, Janie was happy. After 20 years of marriage, its obvious that Jody didn't marry Janie because of the person she is. Jody loves power and it makes him happy. Janie could be the best wife a man could ask for but it wouldn't be enough for him. He is a cruel and conceited man. He has high expectations for Janie and doesn't let her do the things she once was able to do in the marriage. I think Janie should have walked away from him when she wanted to instead of listening to him and doing what she was told. Jody made her obedient which is something I wouldn't expect of her since she is so different then anyone else and she isn't the person she is expected to be.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I totally agree, I'm not much of a fan of Jody. I feel bad for Janie because she was blinded by who she thought he was, and then was stuck with who he actually is.

    ReplyDelete