Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's A Love Story, Baby Just Say Yessss

In class on Tuesday, the lovely Taylor Swift was brought up because of her song about Romeo and Juliet called "Love Story." This song is a modern take on the ancient play. I started to think that a lot Taylor Swift songs are based on love stories and I started to wonder if stories about heartbreak and relationships ending are considered love stories too. When I look back at the qualities of a love story there are many similarities. In her songs there is usually a story about two people,romance, passion, and sometimes drama, and tragedy. These songs remind me of the romance novels that are not necessarily literary works of art but are very popular. Taylor Swifts songs appeal to a wide variety of teenage girls just like romance novels appeal to a wide audience.

3 comments:

  1. I really wish that i was in class tue. i would of love to be a part in this because i love taylor swift. this is a good point you made about her songs. i guess i never looked at it that way before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked how you you addressed that there are many songs and artists that in a way, portray the same characteristics in a romantic novel. These little reminders in the songs can enhance and bring back memories of love (good and bad) that were once forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to emo and pop punk and a little alt rock...but I still have all of taylor swifts cd's. Amazing how a young girl can speak to me on so many levels...it is my guilty pleasure..lol.

    ReplyDelete