Thursday, March 10, 2011

Their Eyes Were Watching God

Hurston's novel, Their Eyes Were Watching God, I feel is a refreshing change in reading compared to that of Pride and Prejudice and Wuthering Heights. The words seem to be somewhat poetic in the introduction. I also like the fact that Janie isn't afraid to go searching for the person she really wants to be with. The fact that she switches men from time to time searching for someone she loves feels like I can relate to her. Shes just trying to find that certain person who she can fall madly in love with and be treated with respect and not like a "mule" like Logan was trying to do or being dominated like she was with Jody.

I feel that Janie and I kinda have the same ideas when it comes to love. We both don't want to just settle for someone, we want to have that yearning for someone who truly cares and loves us. The fact that we have both come across guys who are controlling and jealous helps me really understand her point of view in the novel. I really like this book so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment