Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bitch

I feel so horrid for Tita, and if I were her I would leave that house. When her mother had her love ask her sister to marry him was enough for me right there. It is hard enough to even find true love in the world today, let alone have them ripped away from you. And then when the mother ships them off, I would have run away. I would not have cared whether or not I was supposed to be my mother’s “caretaker” or not; that in itself is a load of you know what. Which leads me to my next issue, the whole matriarchal household. It is very well known that I am a feminist, but even so, this is taking it to a whole other level. She has all the bad qualities of a patriarchal society and not any of the good. She abuses Tita and wears her thin, she controls her every movement, and acts as if she is “God”. She should instead take advantage of the “respect” and power that she has obtained and use if for good. She should be raising the best daughters and wish for all of them to be happily married. The way I see it is she obviously is not happy with the person she is inside, and is trying to fill the void with a power hunger. And I am sure ruining a beautiful young girl’s existence is all the better!

1 comment:

  1. Leaving her family and everything she has ever known is not easy so I understand why it took her so long to do it. Everyone has a point at which they say enough is enough, and she hit that point when she was ready. Plus, if she left at the beginning of the story.. we wouldn't exactly have a story at all.

    ReplyDelete