Thursday, March 3, 2011

Abuse - Don't take it, at all!!

So this weeks discussion in class has been formed around Abuse. There are many forms of abuse, be it physical, or emotional/mental abuse. Everyone at some point in their lives has been abused one way or another. I personally have been in an emotionally and mentally abusive relationship in the past. It's really hard, especially when they belittle you, and make you feel like you can't have a life unless they're with you 24/7. I couldn't hang out with friends when I wanted to, he made me have to be home by 11:00 at night and I would have to call him right then and there or he'd get upset and yell at me. One time he had to get his wisdom teeth pulled out, and was upset with me because I was at a family bonfire, and I wasn't on the phone with him. That summer I babysat twice a week for about 7 hours a day. He made me sit on the phone with him for hours on end - given that the children were a little bit older and didn't need constant watching since all they did was play grand theft auto for hours on end..but still. My cellphone bill went up to over $500.00 and I had to pay it out of my savings account which was for college, so my savings account took a major dip because of that. I ended that relationship when I was at my breaking point with him, I couldn't take it anymore. It's truly not worth the stress, or anything at all. But thank goodness the past is the past, and right now I'm happy with how my life is going.

In Wuthering Heights, there are so many kinds of abuse. Everyone in that book is abused one way or another, making that book quite depressing in my opinion. For instance, Heathcliff is right away cold and unwelcoming to Linton when he comes to Wuthering heights. He comes off as being cold, and not wanting his son there, and automatically calls his mother a Slut. How do you think poor Linton feels?!! I feel bad for him! The innocent in this book are honestly in my opinion traumatized at the actions of the people in this book. Given if the know better or not, the way people treat others is just awful.
Always treat people how you want to be treated, trust me, in the end its so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment