Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Kate Bush Wuthering Heights.



"Wuthering Heights," Kate Bush (1978)


Out on the wiley, windy moors
We'd roll and fall in green
You had a temper, like my jealousy
Too hot, too greedy
How could you leave me?
When I needed to possess you?
I hated you, I loved you too

Bad dreams in the night
They told me I was going to lose the fight
Leave behind my wuthering, wuthering
Wuthering Heights

(Chorus) Heathcliff, its me, Cathy come home
I'm so cold, let me in-a-your window

Oh it gets dark, it gets lonely
On the other side from you
I pine alot, I find the lot
Falls through without you
I'm coming back love, cruel Heathcliff
My one dream, my only master

Too long I roam in the night
I'm coming back to his side to put it right
I'm coming home to wuthering, wuthering,
Wuthering Heights

(Chorus)
Oh let me have it, let me grab your soul away
Oh let me have it, let me grab your soul away
You know it's me, Cathy
(Chorus)

3 comments:

  1. I find this video and song to actually capture the relationship between Catherine and Heathcliff. I understand that the class as a whole, would probably disagree, but it brings me into the story and has more power than the book itself. What I mean by that is you actually can see Catherine within her eyes and words, and the book has so much other things going on... this is the character attempting to posess Heathcliff from the afterlife. Perhaps, in the afterlife they can reconnect and have the love they were meant to have.
    I love the other video, I feel it creates the character and story better(fyi). It is a very powerful song and voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love this video! another artist added to my itunes song library. even though she appears weird if you listen to her words she actually hits it on a more deeper level. good for the soul music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree Tiffany, the other version of the video complimented the character so much better. I find it interesting how they changed it for the American version. It's not necessarily music I would listen to on a regular basis but I do enjoy the way she accurately portrays the characters through her music.

    ReplyDelete