Thursday, March 17, 2011

Kiss With A Fist




I have stressed my opinion on Tea Cake and how he does fit the “abuser” profile. Like I stated on Tuesday, after the not coming home and partying instead... I would have been gone! Well, now after this past section where he actually goes and beats her, this would defiantly be the time when there are no more excuses. And to top it off he brags about beating her and that it states that he is proving his devotion and love for her. Everyone cheers him on for it, and he continues. I understand she loves him, even until the end, but how do you put up with that? Yes, this is the deepest of love she has been in, but it is also the biggest roller coaster ride of her life. I relate to her, I somewhat love this character, and I just am sitting here basically in tears waiting for her to leave the bastard.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, about the whole abusing relationship stuff. I do not understand why she stayed with him, but there are relationships like that (rihanna & chris brown). Although I do not really know why relationships like that exist, and why the girls would stay with the guy ... maybe it is because they're blind in love. They love the guy too much because he has 'something' to offer where as her past did not? But overall, I enjoyed this book. Would you rather see her misery with Logan, Jody or have a bit of taste in life with Tea Cake?

    ReplyDelete